President Aileen Brown carrying the TRIKE banner.
Membership in TRIKE is attained through membership in the national organization, the Organization of American Kodály Educators. To renew membership or become a first-time member, visit the OAKE membership page. Benefits of membership are many, and include:
- Discounted rates for TRIKE workshops, MKMEA conferences, and OAKE conferences
- Receiving the Kodály Envoy, a professional publication with relevant articles and news of OAKE national and chapter events.
- Receiving the MKMEA Bulletin, an online and printed publication with relevant music education articles by members
- Receiving the TRIKE Notes, an online newsletter with TRIKE news and music education articles
- The MKMEA and OAKE video library--rent free!
- Online access to new lesson plans by outstanding Kodaly-trained educators each year of membership, in the “downloads” section of the OAKE website
- Discounts on quality professional publications for use in the Kodály classroom
- Research and advocacy for the Kodály philosophy and music education in general
- Scholarships, including the Jenö Ádám Scholarship for Kodály studies in the US and abroad, available from OAKE, the Jean Sinor Scholarship for Kodály studies at an OAKE-endorsed program, and the MKMEA Conference Scholarship